This week, we’re talking about what to bring to the beach! We’ll cover everything you need for more fun in the sun. Plus, I have an awesome checklist for you to download! Also, I have a quick story about why I used to hate the summer.
First though, I’m introducing a new segment called UPLIFT: This is a segment where I’ll feature other awesome content from around the web. I have two podcasts to share with you this week.
And finally, I’m asking for your help with repelling gnats at the beach.
First! Get the free checklist!
Never forget what to bring to the beach again! I’ve included everything from the episode / post in a free, downloadable one-page checklist!
I’m sharing both Word and Google Drive versions. This way, no matter which app you use, you can customize the checklist to your heart’s content ?
UPLIFT: PurposeGirl & Your Queer Story podcasts [02:44]
PurposeGirl Podcast [03:19]
- Podcast host: Carin Rockind
- Listened to episode #19: Why Do Women Tear Down Other Women, And What Can We Do About It?
- Guest: Carolin Adams Miller
- This episode was about women uplifting other women
- Key insights
- Folks should learn to give without strings
- People who respond with curiosity & enthusiasm to your goals and dreams are the people who are worthy of being in your inner circle. Research by Shelley Gable on active constructive responding.
Your Queer Story [06:17]
- Podcast hosts: Evan Jones & Paul Hobbs
- Listened to episode #9: Bayard Rustin
- This episode was about the gay civil rights leader Bayard Rusin
- Key insights
- Gay, black, civil rights leader
- Mentored MLK, Jr.
- President Obama awarded him a posthumous Medal of Freedom in 2013
- LGBT partners adopted each other as a means of securing legal rights before our laws were modernized
What to bring to the beach [08:43]
Wondering what bring to the beach? Wonder no more!
Here’s the complete list of everything Kevin and I bring with us each time we go. I know it seems like a lot of stuff, but it’s definitely worth it.
Also, remember to grab my free checklist! It’s customizeable, printable, and just one page!
- Beach towels (2 per person)
- Beach blanket (click here to get the blanket I use)
- Cups, plates, napkins, cutlery
- Headphones (click here to get the headphones I use)
- Beach bag
- Books / eBooks / Audiobooks
- Trash bag
- Zero-gravity chairs (click here to get the chairs I use)
- Trays for the zero-gravity chairs (click here to get the trays I use)
- Wagon (click here to get an awesome wagon)
- Bug spray
- Seat rafts (click here to get some seat rafts)
- Canopy (click here to get the canopy I use)
- Grill (click here to get the grill I use)
Life-hack awesome [19:07]
- Bucket (click here to get the bucket I use)
- Battery-powered fans (click here to get these AMAZING fans that I use)
- Wine & sparkling water
- Waterproof speaker (click here to get the speaker I use)
- Waterproof pouch for phone (click here to get an awesome pouch)
- Magnetic playing cards (click here to get the set I use)
LIFE HACK: Use a checklist! [25:01]
Each time you go to the beach, be sure to use a checklist so you don’t forget anything!
You could make your own checklist.
Or, you could just grab the one I’ve already created for you! It’s free and customizable!
STRUGGLE BUS: Gnats. [26:06]
Lately, Kev and I have been attacked by gnats at the beach! We can’t figure out why.
We’ve started bringing bug spray with us, and that works pretty well at keeping them away.
But, I’m curious if you have any other tips for repelling these dumb bugs?
If you do, email me at email@example.com or scroll to the bottom of this page and leave a comment!
Get the Free Download!
15 Strategies for Getting More Done in a Day
I have a fantastic freebie I'd love to send to you. It's a one-page guide that covers my favorite 15 strategies for making the most out of every day.
Click below to grab this download now!