Why I love it
I absolutely love my KitchenIQ knife sharpener!
Here’s why I love it:
- It works. Period.
- It’s stupid cheap.
- It’s safe.
- It actually sharpens!
- Based on Alton Brown’s explanation of honing vs. sharpening, this tool sharpens the blade
- Honing: Using a honing steel to realign the blade
- Sharpening: Bits of the blade are shaved off to create a new edge
- More on this at Kitchn
- Coarse for dull and damaged knives
- Fine for polishing the knife and for quick touch-ups for an already sharp knife
- Patented Edge Grip feature allows sharpening on the edge of the table or counter top- prevents the tip of larger knives from dragging over the surface of the counter
- Compact for easy storage. Carbide blades (Coarse) provide quick edge setting capabilities, and the ceramic rods (Fine) are used for the final edge honing
- Non-slip base for added stability and control