Table of Contents
STRATEGY: Keep up with laundry with mini laundry [01:20]
- I used to find it impossible to keep up with laundry
- Folding is my downfall!
- Doing smaller loads of laundry = less time folding
- Use an over-the-door rack to hang clothes (instead of using a hamper). Prevents clothes from piling up because there’s only so much space.
- Integrate laundry into an established routine. Mine is my morning routine.
- Have a designated time for folding
- Put small load (2-3 days of clothes max) in washer
- As soon as it’s done, transfer to dryer. Set a timer if necessary.
- Once dry, either fold immediately, or plan a time.
- In my case, I work at 9 AM. So, I stop what I’m doing at 8 AM and fold then.
- Because the load is small, folding takes 5 minutes max!
Doesn’t it use more energy?
I’ll admit that doing laundry more frequently means that you’ll use a bit more energy. But, here are some things to consider:
- The load is smaller, so you use less water. Also, drying time is much quicker.
- If you use my first life hack below, drying time will be reduced even more!
- For me, being able to keep up with laundry is worth the small energy increase
LIFE HACK: Use dryer balls [08:32]
I keep a set of dryer balls in my dryer at all times. Why?
- Dryer balls help to move the laundry around as it dries. This means clothes dry more evenly and more quickly.
- They also help reduce wrinkles, especially with bulky items like blankets.
If you don’t want to use dryer balls, a set of clean tennis balls will do the trick too!
You can grab some awesome dryer balls by clicking here!
LIFE HACK: Never lose another sock again [10:45]
- Beyond any laundry tip I can come up with, this one’s my favorite! And, if you’ve ever lost a sock doing laundry, I’ll bet you’ll love it too.
- Use a mesh laundry bag to keep socks together!
- As soon as I take socks off, they go right into the bag
- When I do laundry, I zip up the bag and toss it in
- There’s no chance that the socks can get lost this way!
Get the awesome mesh laundry bags I use by clicking here!
STRUGGLE BUS: Can’t get towels to smell fresh! [13:45]
Sometimes, my towels retain a musty smell, even after they’ve just been washed/dried. If you have any ways of fixing this, I’d love to know!
- Email me at email@example.com
- Leave a comment below!
- Keep up with laundry by using my mini laundry strategy
- Use dryer balls for shorter drying times with less wrinkles
- Keep your socks together by putting them into a mesh bag before laundering
- Let me know how to freshen my towels! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below!
LINKS from this episode
Get the Free Download!
15 Strategies for Getting More Done in a Day
I have a fantastic freebie I'd love to send to you. It's a one-page guide that covers my favorite 15 strategies for making the most out of every day.
Click below to grab this download now!