If you’ve been searching for an amazing day-to-day pen, you’ve come to the right place. This week, we’re talking about my favorite pen ever!
I spent years trying pen after pen, falling in and out of love with various models, liking certain things and hating others.
But, a couple of years ago, I finally discovered the mac daddy of pens. It writes well, never skips, is comfortable, and very reasonably priced.
Your search for the perfect pen is over! Keep reading ➡
Table of Contents
Easier is one year old!
Really quickly, before we jump into talking about my favorite pen ever, I have a milestone to announce: Easier is already one year old!
The podcast first aired on June 6, 2018, so that makes tomorrow our one-year anniversary! I’m thrilled to have made it this far, and I can’t wait to see what the next year has in store ?
Thanks so much for being a part of the Easier family ♥
In 2019, this is still — BY FAR — my favorite pen
Alright, let’s get to it. It’s time to talk about which pen is still my favorite pen.
But, if you’re looking for a quality, well-rounded pen, your search is over.
The most amazing pens you can buy in 2019 are the…
My favorite pen: The Pilot G2 .7mm ??
Without a doubt, the Pilot G2 .7mm are the best day-to-day pens you can buy. I’ve not been able to find another pen that checks so many boxes.
Here’s why these pens are amazing:
- They write without skipping. Pens that skip is a huge pet-peeve of mine. Doubling back to re-write what I’ve just written is a huge no-no. Forcing me to break my train of thought and focus on the tool instead costs time and brain power. And, it’ll cost any pen a place in my bag.
- Their construction is solid. These pens are tough. They stand up to daily use, including living (accidentally) at the bottom of a bag, without breaking. And, their clips are sturdy. I can’t stand pens with cheap clips that break after two uses.
- They last forever. And I mean forever. I very rarely have to replace these because of how long they last. Sadly, I often lose them before they run out!
- Price is on point! Some pens, for some reason, are stupid expensive. That’s not the case with these pens. In most cases, they clock in at less than $1.50 a pen. So, if you decide to be nice and let someone borrow one (which you know they’ll never return), it won’t break the bank!
- You can find them in a ton of colors. I love bright color! And every so often, I switch up my black/blue pen game for a more playful color. Thankfully, Pilot’s got me covered. Check out this set of 20 assorted color pens (which my amazing boyfriend bought me for my birthday in August last year and I’m still using).
- They don’t have a cap. This one may sound silly, but hear me out: Pens with caps often = pens with lost caps. And then they just feel sad and incomplete.
Here’s one reason why you might not like ’em
- Having to guard them like Gollum guard his preciousss in The Lord of the Rings. Seriously. I keep separate pens for folks to borrow so I never have to loan out (read: lose) one of these pens!
Try them in bold
Lately, I’ve been using the 1.0mm instead of the 0.7mm. I really love how thick the line writes!
Try it out:
A challenge! Find a better pen, win prizes!
I challenge you to a duel! A nerdy, office-supply duel!
I challenge you to find a better pen than the Pilot G2. If you do, I’ll send you a pack of your better pens and a pack of G2s for free!
Here’s how it works:
- Find the best pen you can
- Make sure it hits the criteria I covered above.
- Make sure the pens can be bought at a regular physical store or at Amazon (no specialty shops, please!)
- Ensure that they cost less than $3 per pen. No specialty pens; we’re talking about day-to-day use.
- Let me know what it is! Drop a note in the comments below
- Deadline is 11:59 PM on June 25, 2019!
- I’ll grab the pens you recommend and give ’em a shot.
- I’ve come up with a method to benchmark each pen and give it a score!
- If your pens beat the Pilot G2s based on the above criteria, you win! I’ll send you a pack of your pens and a pack of G2s on me!
- Expect to hear back in mid-July (2019)
The 60-second rule
Also on today’s episode, we briefly recapped Gretchen Rubin’s 60-second rule.
This is a mindset shift around doing work: Whenever a task will take less than 60 seconds to finish, do it right then. It’ll help you clear those niggling little tasks that never seem to get done.
Wrapping it up
Again, I’m so excited to have had this amazing year of podcasting. It’s a journey unlike any other, and I’m thrilled that I get to share it with you.
Give the 60 second rule a shot. And, be sure to try my favorite pen ever: the Pilot G2. I know you’ll love them!
Click one of the links below to grab your own pack (in black or blue) off of Amazon!
Get the Free Download!
15 Strategies for Getting More Done in a Day
I have a fantastic freebie I'd love to send to you. It's a one-page guide that covers my favorite 15 strategies for making the most out of every day.
Click below to grab this download now!